Thursday, October 28, 2010

Joie de Vivre!

Well, the last time I checked my name was not: Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna. 


I don't have my own personal lady in waiting nor do I have the luxury of time or finances to go to the spa every day, all day. I totally should have been born in the 18th Century, but alas...I was not. 


I may not be Marie (phew...thankfully!) and I do not reside at Versailles, however, I am a woman. And I LOVE to be pampered. I'm always looking for affordable ways to achieve ultimate balance between mind, body and soul.  

And have I found not only one...but two that I adore!!

Once you use this sugar scrub...you'll be hooked! And it's E.A.S.Y. Try mixing different essential oils to customize your own unique flavors!




"Let them eat cake" scrub:

To make this delicious treat, you will need the following ingredients:
  • 50% white cane sugar
  • 50% oil such as vegetable, olive oil, almond oil, even avocado oil to moisten the sugar
  • Small amounts of aloe vera gel, vitamin C crystals, or anything healing that dissolves in water
  • 1 or 2 drops of essential oil such as lavendar and orange (if desired)
  • Enough ground hibiscus powder for pink color (if desired)

  1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Scoop some of the scrub onto your hand and massage gently onto your skin for a minute (the scrub will actually tighten onto your skin like a masque). 
  3. Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes before rinsing.

Your skin will feel amazingly soft...like...silky and sweet as butter cream icing on velvet cake. 


If you don't like cake...try this other favorite: 

 "Go Bananas" Scrub:
This scrub will have you instantly swinging from the trees!

Whip these ingredients together and trust me...you'll be going bananas!

  • 1 ripe banana
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil (optional)

  1. Mash ingredients together with a fork into a chunky paste. (Make sure to mash the banana into small pieces - don't puree or it will be too watery, but definitely mash those large pieces up! Or else the large banana chunks will slide off your skin onto the floor!) Do not overmix or it will become too watery. MomTown Tip: If you want a banana scrub for your face, reserve some of the banana and mash it separately without sugar.
  2. In the shower, before turning the water on, slather the sugar mixture and gently massage over your body. For your face, gently massage plain banana there, avoiding the eye area.
  3. Rinse off with warm water.


No comments:

Post a Comment