Thursday, October 28, 2010

Garden of Eden Massssssssssage?


I get it. I do. 

Since the time of the Garden of Eden, Adam, Eve, the apple...snakes have gotten a bad wrap. And for most of us...that's quite alright. I see no use for creepy crawlie slithery things. However, apparently Ada Barak's farm in Northern Israel thinks quite the opposssssite. 

Deep tissue massage from poisonous snakes???? I don't think ssssss-oooooo. 

I assure you, if my father were reading this...he'd freak!! One...because there is a photo of a snake on my blog!! (We both detest snakes!) Two...that there's such a treatment that actually exists! People actually consider this a relaxation technique...and they PAY for it! 

I've heard of the healing properties of Sedona Red Clay, hot stone massage, body scrubs, Four-handed massage, and other various interesting treatments...but snakes?? For $70-$80, a handful of venomous snakes can creepy crawlie on your face and up your spine (hopefully not down your spine into the Nether region!). All I have to say is:  "Heeeeeeck no."  I first ran across the article on Care2.com while doing research on another topic, below is an excerpt. 

You read the detailssssss and decccccide. 

It sssssssssssssstopped me dead in my web tracks. Read below for the full description. I'll be right here...sssssssssssssssssssspeechless. 



"How far would you go for beauty and youthfulness? Is it worth smothering your face with bird poop or soaking your hair with bull semen? Travel along as we take you around the world to look at 10 of the most unique, bizarre, fun and strange spa treatments offered today.
Snakes that relieve tension
Just an hour north of Tel Aviv in Talmei Elazar, Israel, therapist Ada Barak offers a $70 spa treatment at her Carnivorous Plant Farm which uses six non-venomous California and Florida king snakes that slither up and down your back to help you relieve tension."  
To read the full article, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment